Ever want to break bread with New York Times wine writer Eric Asimov? How about your own private episode of Wine Library TV performed live in your house? These and many more prizes can be yours for as low as a $10 donation if you participate.
That’s right, it’s time for another Menu For Hope fund drive and I’m pleased to again participate by donating a prize for the raffle. Between now and midnight December 21st, you can bid on many great wine and food prizes including my lot of 3 bottles of the open source Roussanne I’m making at Crushpad. This is from my personal allocation and I’ll be happy to sign and/or personalize each bottle for the winner. Given the various wine shipping laws, I can only offer to ship this lot within the United States.
This project will only produce about 50 cases of a Rhone-inspired white blend made mostly from Roussanne grown in the noted Westerly Vineyard in the Santa Ynez AVA. We’ve just finished fermentation and now will let the wine settle in for aging in neutral oak barrels (pictured to the right). Our group will decide the final blend this spring which will also likely include Marsanne and Viognier.
The only way to buy this wine is to join my Crushpad group which includes a 1 case allocation. If you want less than a case, here’s a way to get 3 bottles for as low as a $10 donation (the wine sells for $18 per bottle plus I’m covering the shipping cost to your door so this is over a $60 value). Just bid on code WB17 for your chance to win this rare wine.
Menu For Home started four years ago and all donations support the UN World Food Programme. Last year nearly $61,000 was raised to feed the hungry around the world. I encourage all readers and listeners to support this effort by buying raffle tickets for this and many other prizes listed at Chez Pim and Vinography.
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. Remember the Winecast Roussanne prize code is WB17.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday January 9 for the results of the raffle. I will also post here when the results are announced.
Thank you for your support of this worthy cause.