This is the premier episode of This Month in Wine, a monthly discussion about what is going on within the wine world from a consumer and insider perspective.
Hosts: Tim Elliott and Jeff Lefevere
- What’s up with Good Grape?
- Is wine blogging on the decline?
- Wine Trends & Predictions for 2012
- Value Replaces Cheap
- Wine Regulation Reform Continues
- Sweet Wines Continue Growth
- Blends Come Back in Vogue
- Green Packaging Booms
- Chinese Wine Market Continues To Show Influence
- Recovery of Wine Market
- Low Alcohol Wines
- Natural Wines
- Wine Blogging Wednesday 74, Feb. 15th, Value Sparkling Wine
- Dark & Delicious, February 17, 2012, Alameda, CA
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition Public Tasting, February 18, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
- For wine events near you check out Local Wine Events
Links discussed on the show
- Good Grape Goes on Hiatus
- Reflections on 8 Years of Wine Blogging
- Top Ten Wine Trends in 2011
- Wine Trends To Watch in 2012
- 5 things about wine to focus on in 2012
- Forecast: Wine, grape prices to rise in 2012
- Doug’s 10 Trends for the Wine Biz in 2012
- Top 5 Wine Trends in 2011
- Bulk-wine inventory hits 12-year low
- China overtakes UK to become fifth largest wine-consuming nation: Vinexpo
- Cool climate wines could grow Aussie volumes
- Wines Worth a Taste, but Not the Vitriol
- Natural Wines “Not For The Masses”
- Natural wine movement, just noise?
- The Natural Wine Debate Gets Ugly
This podcast is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download at www.audibletrial.com/winecast
Copyright 2012 Acan Media, Inc. Licensed under Creative Commons.