I’m back after a great vacation in California with the first of three shows focusing on the wines of the Napa Valley. In this first installment, I cover the early history of the Valley, the Howell Mountain AVA and share seven Cabernet Sauvignon’s I tasted last week.
- Ladera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2002 ($35)
- Ladera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Lone Canyon 2001 ($65)
- Ladera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain 2003 (NYR/$65)
- Neal Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2002 ($45)
- August Briggs, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2000 ($20/375ml)
- August Briggs, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2002 ($42)
- Beaulieu Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œRutherfordÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚?, Napa Valley 2002 ($25)
0:00 – Opening theme
0:21 – Welcome iTunes listeners!
0:44 – Overview and objectives of Winecast
2:30 – Napa Valley history
4:23 – Howell Mountain AVA
5:50 – Tasting notes
9:55 – Best of Tasting / Best Value
10:39 – Contact details, theme music credit
11:03 – Please vote at Podcast Alley!
11:27 – Lost some feedback emails
12:17 – Next show will focus on Napa Valley Zinfandel
Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org | Audio comments: 206-202-4696
Copyright 2005 Tim Elliott. Licensed to the public under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/